1. Stop1. Views of the lava expanse and comments.
1a. The Skaftá gorge, where most of the lava flowed, spreading out on the sands below.
2. The Fjaðára gorge, an impressivegorge eroded in the older Pleistocene lavas and móberg rocks.1
3. Eintúnaháls, an old farm visited on our way.
4. Laki, a móberg mountain straddling the huge eruption fissure. From its top we can view the fissure extending northwards and southwards.
5. The eruption craters on the fissure display most known features. In the lava itself, are enormous lava channels.