are and when to use them
Sometimes you only want to use the Internet for a
particular task or to look at the world from a particular point of
view. You need the information now and you don´t have the
time for much surfing. For
- you only need one image to illustrate a project.
- you only want the very latest news on a volcanic eruption.
- you would like to make contact with a real person to help you
directly with an earth science problem or project.
- you want to see if there is live (realtime) data or pictures
from a space probe.
- you want to check out all the earth science journals quickly
for information on a particular topic.
- you are interested in all kinds of "global" problems - looking
at the earth as a whole.
"Specialised resources" will help you with these
and many more tasks, fast. They have been put together with the most common
classroom tasks and current earth science themes in mind. Click on
the button to see the full range.
Pages maintained by Dr Georg R Douglas,
Hamrahlíð College, 105 Reykjavík,